Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm a writer, and I was working on an unbelievably tight deadline ... putting together a press kit for a guy running for a political office. I had a typo in his bio that actually went to print. It not only went to print ... it went to the press conference. I erroneously typed in that he majored in "pubic" relations, rather than "public" relations. Although, from what you read and hear these days, one would guess that "pubic" relations is a prerequisite course for majoring in political science!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend Joan had a habit of sleeping through Literature classes. One day while the rest of us were busy looking into the symbolism of the characters, Joan suddenly stood up, walked all the way to the front of the class, past the puzzled teacher and out the door. I quickly explained to our teacher that she was probably sleep walking and run out after her. I caught up with her halfway to the school gate gently nudged her awake and walked her back to class. Needless to say the teacher didn't have to punish her, the laughter in the class was more than enough.